Make Your Home a Charismatic Paradise!
A home is an investment, and so you take out all your big guns to make this investment as appealing and durable as possible in the long run. Since the beginning of time, wooden flooring had an ethereal beauty and simplicity to it. The rich colors and natural sheen of wooden flooring brought into the home a warm and opulent ambiance. Read on to find if wooden flooring is the choice for you!
The perks of choosing wooden flooring:
- Beauty: When talking of the advantages of wooden flooring, the first point is always the timeless appeal and natural beauty of hardwood floors. Suitable for any kind of décor or space- hardwood floors gel with casual, modern, traditional or elegant décor settings!
- Durability: Wooden flooring is strong, resilient and highly durable. So, if you are looking for beauty and investing in the long run– wooden flooring is the one for you!
- Maintenance: Easy to clean and maintain, wooden flooring can be preserved in its optimum value simply by sweeping, vacuuming or mopping.
- Versatility: Hardwood floors come in a broad spectrum of choices. The choices of materials range from oak, fir, pine, birch, walnut, bamboo, maple, cherry and beech. Oak is the classic that everyone absolutely loves, choose pine if you want to bring an old fashioned feel to your space and bamboo is currently trending because not just is it durable but is also eco-friendly.
- Investment: The durability of hardwood floors ensures that it is a long term investment. Additionally, homes with wooden flooring have a better chance at resale because of its splendour.
- Better acoustics: Wooden floors provide better acoustics compared to other flooring types.
- Healthy air quality: For interiors, wooden flooring is a healthy option as it has no fibre, grout lines or embossing that can cause dust, pollen, allergens, etc. to get trapped.
It has some shortcomings as well and they are:
- Cost: The initial investment required to install wooden flooring is relatively high compared to tiles and wall to wall carpeting.
- Installation: Installation of wooden floors requires a professional and specialized help and is pricy.
- Noisy: Wooden floors create noise as compared to tiles. Adding rugs or carpets may reduce this factor.
- Vulnerability: Wooden floors are prone to moisture and humidity. Before installing wooden floors, ensure that your space is devoid of moisture and humidity to a high extent.
Tips to retain the value of wooden flooring:
- Do not use detergent or soap on wooden flooring as they may degrade the natural finish of wood.
- Any spills on wooden flooring need to be cleaned immediately, in order to avoid permanent marks.
- Attach rubber pads to all your furniture’s legs to protect your flooring from scratches.
- Always use a damp mop or a vacuum cleaner to clean wooden flooring. As wooden flooring deteriorates under moisture, never use water to clean wooden floors.
Wooden flooring needs to be treated for termites and polished on a regular basis.